Check out my honors! (Click on the badges to see other great blogs too)

Thursday, March 12, 2009

They're GIRLS!!!!

I had a sono today (at 16 weeks and 1 day) with the surest feeling in the world that the doc would confirm my gut feeling that I was indeed carrying two little guys....OMG was I surprised when he said, "It's girls!" Of course I asked how sure he was, and he said he was 98% sure- I was stunned and my mom cried! Two little princesses are on their way, Andie is in for the ride of his life. We are both very happy and excited that they are healthy, but totally surprised.

All the measurements on both babies looked great. Baby A is the more active one which has kept her at a svelte 4 ounces, while Baby B is a little more laid back and is weighing in at 5 ounces. The doc says they are right on track with their weight gain, and my weight gain is going well too. No more than 35-40 pounds is recommended with twins- he so kindly reminded me.

He told me today that when I get to 24-25 weeks my uterine size will already be the same as a typical full term singleton pregnancy!!! Holy moly- everything happens so much quicker and bigger with twins! He told me he wants me to get this tortuous looking contraption to wear that is misleadingly called a Prenatal Cradle (sounds so gentle and comfy) which literally wraps around your back and over your shoulders and under your stomach to lift and hold it up to take the pressure off of everything. The pamphlet he gave me calls it an "orthotic support for abdominal and back straining" to ease pain from "hip separation and pubic symphysis"....this is getting fun. I just can't wait to experience the joy of hip separation and pubic symphysis- that's got to feel great! No lie this thing looks like a chastity belt, oh the irony.

On another note, I have to brag on my sweet husband (he'll be embarrassed when he reads this). As I was sitting on the couch with my feet up tonight I asked Andie to bring me a glass of water. He did and then leaned down and kissed me on the forehead. I said "thank you" (for bringing the water) and he said, "Thank you". I said, "For what?" and he says, "For being beautiful"!!! Is he not the greatest! Man, he's gonna be over the moon for these two little girls on the way and they will have him wrapped around their little fingers!

5 comments:

  1. Awwww... I can't wait to meet them!! And I love to hear stories like that about Andie. :)

    So happy for you guys!! Love you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Twin girls! How fun! I am so excited for you and can't wait to buy some cute stuff for them! Do you have any ideas for names?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shouldn't we be getting a new belly pic? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! SO happy for you! Girls are wonderful, and twin girls are the best. They will be BFFs. What a fun ride this will be for you both. Paul and I totally thought Addison was a boy too... when the doc said "It's a girl!" Paul almost fell over. We love having a girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girls?! Woohoo!! That's really cool...and probably better than two crazy boys. I can barely handle ONE crazy boy!

    ReplyDelete