Check out my honors! (Click on the badges to see other great blogs too)

Monday, October 4, 2010

Ten-Four

Today is our 7th wedding anniversary. Technically we only made it 6 years, 8 months, and 14 days but I'm still celebrating today. I went to visit Andie's grave early this morning before work- it was the perfect kind of morning that he would have loved. Clear skies, beautiful sunrise, and cool weather. I talked to him a bit and thanked him for choosing me as the one he wanted to spend forever with. I let him know that I was so complete and fulfilled with him and he will forever hold my heart. He was all I ever needed.
He gave me a gift that very few people get to experience in this world, the gift of complete, unwavering, true love. His dedication to me and our marriage was solid, and even when I look back at times in our marriage where I had doubts, he never did. I am so grateful for the time I had with him, though wistful that it could have been longer.

"Being loved deeply by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage." - Lao Tzu

People tell me I have been so "strong" through all of this- Andie is the reason I am strong, because I can draw strength knowing he loved me to the depths of his soul. Because I loved him so deeply I have courage to move forward knowing he is always with me and the girls.

He loved me with all that he had, and I him. In fact, we still do...

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That's beautiful, Brooke... Definitely thinking about both you and Andie today. I will never forget hearing him answer "10-4!" at your wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. Thinking of you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully said! Thinking about you especially on 10-4. Also you PUSH me when
    I think I cannot do more. Thank you for the push.

    ReplyDelete